Academic Support Resources
- College Success: The First Week and Beyond
- 7 Steps to Better Management of Your Study Time
- Memory Power for Facts and Concepts
- The Cornell Note-Taking System
- Becoming a Successful Science Student
- Learning (Your First Job), by Robert Leamnson, Ph.D. This short publication provides many tips, strategies, and activities to help students learn in college. All students enrolled in GT 1000 should receive a copy from their instructors, and all other students are welcome to stop by the Tutoring Center, located in room 273 in Clough Commons, to pick up a free copy.
Learning and Study Skills Assessments
The Learning and Study Strategies Inventory (LASSI)
Students who want to become more aware of their own study and learning strategies and skills can take the Learning and Study Skills Inventory (LASSI). The LASSI is a 10-scale, 80-item online assessment of students' awareness and use of learning and study strategies related to key components of strategic learning. The LASSI takes about 15 minutes to complete and provides the student with immediate results. Georgia Tech students can take the LASSI by sending an email message requesting login information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Students who would like to discuss their LASSI results with a staff member in the Center for Academic Success can schedule an appointment by emailing email@example.com.
NOTE: Students taking the LASSI for GT 1000 courses should contact their instructor for access information.