Academic Coaching provides students with the chance to work individually with professional staff members to enhance their academic skills, gain confidence, discover motivation, and improve performance. Academic Coaching students usually schedule a one-hour meeting either every two weeks, or every month.
Academic Coaching is available throughout the semester. Please schedule an appointment by clicking the button to the right.
Common Goals for Academic Coaching:
· Identify and work through obstacles getting in the way of academic success
· Develop study skills and habits necessary to be a successful college student
· Get motivated and stop procrastinating
· Prepare for tests and reduce anxiety
· Establish a balance between academic rigor and extracurricular activities
· Improve time management skills
· Learn the importance of making notes and acquire the “how to”
· Develop short and long term goals for success
· Learn self-discipline, self-motivation and self-efficacy